Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Think This May be a Normal Day!

We have been snowed in for two days! In Raleigh, NC, that is a big deal.... About 5 inches came down on Friday night and then sleet all day Saturday, so we have all been snowbound and my kids have been out for 7-8 hour stretches playing non-stop with their sleds and other kids. Imagine! Now, that in and of itself seems very normal to me! I have cleaned out my sheets closets and gotten rid of all old and frayed ones. Have also done the same with all the old towels that we have had since before we were married (31 years worth!). Got rid of old medications and unused shampoos and organized under sinks and in cabinets. I've made lots of hot chocolate and had tea with my neighbor and good friend. Have slept till 9 am and been on the treadmill for 30 minutes each morning without complaining. I got to scrapbook for a few hours yesterday and got all our Rome photos cut and pasted. I watched some tv, including the 20/20 special on my "friends", John and Elizabeth Edwards, as well as several editions of "Say Yes to the Dress" which I find completely fun and distracting. We ate great food made by dear husband and chef, Shep including Cornish game hens with orange sauce, sauteed buttenut squash with greens and wild rice, followed by an almond torte with coffee buttercream and chocolate granache topping. Not bad, eh? And now, we hear no school for tomorrow too! Is this it? Is this a normal day??? I think it may be... Ahhhhhh, feels good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment